Lent Posters and Information
Lent in three minutes
Bishop Barron on Lent
Holy Week in 3 Minutes
I Am Not Alone: Finding Comfort in Jesus’ Agony in the Garden
A Catholic Guide to Holy Week Symbols
The Our Father in multiple languages
This reading of the Our Father is spoken in English, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Welsh, Lingala, Tagalog and Shona. It reminds us that we all belong to one global family.— CAFOD (@CAFOD) April 12, 2019
Follow us online as we show God's love to our sisters and brothers living in poverty. pic.twitter.com/uL2LDihEr9
A Lent retreat in daily life using resources on the Jesuit spiritualitywww.pathwaystogod.org. An opportunity to deepen your relationship with God, and to new ways of praying, with the option of meeting in a confidential small group.
Wednesdays: 7.00pm- 8.30pm beginning 13 March, at Elm Hall Drive Methodist Church(Room 3) L18 1LF
The theme for this year's Cathedral Talks is walking in the footsteps of the Saints Five Reflections on practical ways to deepen our Spiritual Life
Tuesday 12 March St Therese of Lisieux and St Teresa of Avila
Tuesday 19 March St Francis de Sales
Tuesday 26 March Uche Ameh St Josemaria Escriva
Tuesday 2 April St Ignatius of Loyola
Tuesday 9 April St Augustine The Confessions
On Tuesday evenings there is exposition 6.00-7.00pm in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel. Talks will begin from 7.00-8.00pm in the Gibberd Room
For full details click here
Bishop Barron on Lent
LECTIO DIVINA AT OLA CHURCH:
Lectio Divina is Latin for "Divine Reading".
Discover the art of sacred reading on Tuesdays 12, 19, 26 March, 2, 9, April, at 1:30pm and 7:00pm at Our Lady of the Assumption Church, Gateacre.
You will be guided in reading, reflecting, responding and resting in God’s Word.
The afternoon or evening sessions are open for everyone. It is not a course so people can come to any of the sessions. The experience will help people focus on one of the readings for the next Sunday’s Mass.
£1 to £2 donation is asked per session.
ST PETER’S WOOLTON LENT COURSE:
St Peter's Woolton is running a Lent Course about Whole Life Discipleship and will be based around Hebrews 12.
There will be six sessions, the first on Ash Wednesday, the rest on consecutive Thursdays from 14 March to 11 April. Each session will start at 8pm in the Centenary Rooms and include worship, input, prayer, and discussion.
The group will meet on the Mondays, and Wednesdays of Lent, all based on resources from the Bible Society. The Monday group will meet in the afternoon, which may be helpful for anyone who is unable to attend evening sessions. Full details can be obtained from St James’. Everyone is welcome at all sessions!
12 Rules for Life:
A four week Lent course Monday 11th, 18th, 25th March, 1st April. Hope Chaplaincy 5-6.30pm. Based on the book of the same name by Jordan Peterson. All welcome
A Lenten Challenge
- Women's Group Update 12.4.19
- Women's Group Newsletter April 2019
- “Could you knit/crochet a blanket for a sick person you may never meet? "
- World Youth Day at home - anyone interested?
- Women's Group Newsletter March 2019
- With you Always 2018-2019
- Medaille Trust - Raising Awareness of Human Trafficking
- RYM - Upcoming Session 2019
- A report on the Dementia Awareness session 3.9.18
- I'm back again by Fr James Casey C.Ss.R
- Cathedral Easter Egg collection
- Cathedral Book Club 30.5.19
- Cathedral Walking Group 19.5.19
- Two Cathedral's Messiah
- Cathedral Education Service - co-ordinator
- Lectio Divina at Our Lady of the Assumption
- Adoremus Te Prayer Group
- Monthly Mass for the Deaf Community at Christ the King
- CATHEDRAL - LADIES DAY 29.6.18
- Could you be a friend of Irenaeus ?